Saturday, November 17, 2007

Week 9: #22 Downloadable Media

Discovery Exercise:
Visit HCPL's digital site and explore the different types of materials available.
Create a blog post about your findings. Did you locate a title that you might want to check out? Were there any differences between the library site and the free sites?
Try downloading a title from the library's collection. You don't have to have a portable player, you can also listen/read/watch on a computer.

Discovery Resources:
Digital Media Guided Tour - Tutorial that offers step-by-step instructions for checking out and downloading digital media.


The HCPL digital media site is a great resource for eAudio Books, eBooks, Music and Videos. Wow! I think that this is amazing. However, this site is NOT compatible with iPods or MACs. I own an iPod and I don't plan on giving it up.

I did find several things that I would enjoy if I could use this site!
Here are just a couple:

I looked at the other two suggested sites and liked http://librivox.org/. I will need to look into this when I have more time.

No comments: