Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Library Elf...Yuck!

Week 5: #12 The "Library" Elf will remind you!
Discovery Exercise: Register your library card (or cards) with Library Elf and track your items and requests. Post on your blog what you think about this service.

No thanks, and I'm not impressed. Sure maybe there are people out there that like this kind of thing, but it's not me. Personally, if I need a reminder I'll be using my e-mail account. Thank for offering, but I want to limit the number of accounts that I need to manage.

However, it would be nice if the HCPL website was setup this way. I do like the fact that account information can be viewed all at once. In addition, Library Elf provides a servie that could be helpful to families. For, I can't imagine having to keep up with multiple library cards.

Nonetheless,, in my world, elves belong to the dreamers of children's fairytales, and great authors such as J.R.R. Tolkien.

No comments: