Wednesday, October 10, 2007

That THING you do...

Week 5: #11 A Thing about Library Thing

Discovery Exercise:

Take a look around LibraryThing and create an account.
Add at least 5 books to your library.
Blog about your findings and be sure to link to your LibraryThing catalog.

Put a Librarything widget on your blog. (optional)





I have posted widget author cloud on the sidebar and covers of my books above and below. I found Librarything very easy to use. In fact, I am afraid that Librarything may become an addiction.

I was able to find books that are not within the HCPL system, which I have previously requested through ILL. This will be a great way to keep a list of the books that I've read. I also posted a few items that I will want to request in the future.

Probably, the best discovery was when I found a book that I have desired for my personal library. I have been wanting to purchase The Great Wall of China: Photographs by Chen Chanfen (MFAH), by Anne Wilkes Tuker. Originally, this book was rather costly, and I was not able to get it. While searching through Librarything, I found it through Amazon under $30.00. What joy! I saw Chen Chanfen's exhibit at the MFAH and it was amazing. I am thrilled that I will now be able to have this book in my own collection.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/writtersrightword



No comments: