Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 6: # 13 Sharing

Tagging , Technorati, Del.icio.us ...What does it all mean? Organizing, Information and Sharing.

Discovery Exercise:
View the 8 minute Del.icio.us
tutorial to get a good overview of its features.
I tried to view this tutorial but it would not open. Too bad, I would have like to have seen it.

Take a look around Del.icio.us using the iHCPL account that was created for this exercise. Note: In this account you will find lots of resources that have been highlighted or used throughout the course of the Learning 2.0 program. Explore the site options and try clicking on a bookmark that has also been bookmarked by a lot of other users. Can you see the comments they added about this bookmark or the tags that they used to categorize this reference?

Create a blog post about your experience and thoughts about this tool. Can you see the potential of this tool for research assistance? Or just as an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed anywhere?

I was impressed with both Technorati, and Del.icio.us as ways to search information. I can foresee several different application of these tools. I love del.icio.us because I can reach my bookmarks from any computer.

In addition to the listed sites, I would recommend watching the video posted on the del.icio.us / blog posted September 21, 2007. It does an excellent job explaining how tags and social bookmaking are an effective way to organize and share information.

No comments: