Monday, October 8, 2007

Flickr vs My Photo Files


Mountains in O'ahu, Hawaii

I must be honest, Flickr is fun to "play" with, and it has some really neat applications! Some of the photographs that you can find are truly wonderful.

However, I have mixed feelings because it's also simple to pull a photograph from one of my own files. Also, I feel that sharing my personal photographs is a little like hand writting a joural. There is an essence that is shared and that can not be duplicated. Each photo has it's own story...They create a digital blueprint of my life. Even though I am not sharing the personal memories of these photos, the collection become a mosaic and begins to take on a life of it's own.

Nonetheless, I will be taking the time to apply my photographs to a Flickr account. I can see Flickr being a great way to back up your photo files. My photographs are some of my most valuable possessions, especially those taken of family and friends.

No comments: